Find advice and support
Report online
Track your case

On some occasions investigating officers may decide that there is insufficient evidence to take action against a suspect; or that to take further proceedings would not be in the public interest.

Officers keep you updated on the investigation process and will explain in detail why they will not be taking further action.

If you're not happy with this outcome and you would like to see an investigation taken further, you can request your case be formally reviewed by a senior officer. This is known as victims' right to review. 

Please note, unless there are exceptional circumstances, we can only deal with reviews within three months of the decision.

We can only review your case if: 

  • An offence has occurred
  • A suspect has been interviewed
  • We have made the decision to not further investigate

To request a formal review, you can contact the Criminal Justice Service, Victims’ Right to Review in the following ways: