Greggs Bakery machete raids: WMP charges man with five robberies
A man arrested by West Midlands Police in connection with a series of machete raids at Greggs Bakery shops across Birmingham has been charged with robbery.
Paul Bogle from Long Lane in Sparkbrook, is accused of attacks on shops in Ward End, Weoley Castle, Druids Heath, Acocks Green and Erdington between February and July.
The 40-year-old was arrested from his home address on Tuesday (8 Aug) and last night was charged with five counts of robbery and one of possessing a bladed article in public.
He appeared before magistrates in Birmingham this morning (10 Aug) and was remanded into prison ahead of his next appearance at Birmingham Crown Court on September 7.
The Greggs shops targeted are:
• Fox & Goose Shopping Centre, Ward End, on 28 February
• Weoley Castle Road on March 21
• Alcester Road, Druids Heath on 11 April
• Olton Boulevard East, Acocks Green on 23 May
• Kingsbury Road, Erdington on 4 July