West Midlands Police has charged a man with a string of burglaries across Birmingham, Sandwell and Dudley − plus dangerous driving following a six-minute police pursuit in the early hours of Monday morning (17 June).
It’s alleged Christopher Straker broke into a house in Sovereign Way, Moseley, shortly after midnight and stole a VW Polo before forcing entry to two homes in Walton Road, Oldbury, where a lap-top and alcohol were taken.
Straker is accused of failing to stop for police and driving dangerously during a six-minute pursuit that ended in Priory Road off Birmingham New Road just after 3am.
The 36-year-old has also been charged with five further burglaries:
• 13 June in Russell Street, Dudley, where a BMW was stolen
• 25 May in Park Road, Dudley
• 6 May in Fairfield Road, Dudley
• 19 February in Clements Road, Yardley, where watches were taken
• …and 27 December last year in Varden Croft, Balsall Heath where a resident confronted an intruder.
Straker, of no fixed address, was charged last night by West Midlands Police detectives and is set to appear at Dudley Magistrates Court today (20 June)
Find out how to join the force by visiting our dedicated jobs website.