Did you find the page you were looking for?
Did you find the information useful?
Rate this page (1 star poor – 5 stars excellent).
*Required field.

Burglar jailed for hat-trick of callous crimes

A repeat burglar has been jailed for more than eight years after he was caught snoozing in an elderly woman’s bed.

Adam Pardoe, aged 41, was linked to three burglaries after police found him passed out, surrounded by jewellery at an address on Hallmoor Road in Kitts Green last September. When officers woke him he gave a false name and leapt out of a window to evade arrest.

Unfortunately for Pardoe, the encounter on 20 September 2017 was captured on bodycam footage. He was swiftly identified as the man in question and arrested one week later.

Once in custody, police discovered his DNA matched that left at the scene of a burglary five days prior on Honeybourne Road, Sheldon.

Pardoe, who is originally from Birmingham, had climbed through an open window and threatened the homeowner for money. But, in haste to escape, left DNA on the window frame.

Adam Pardoe has been jailed for more than eight years

Based on the offending pattern, the investigation team suspected whoever carried out the break-in was responsible for a distraction burglary in Coventry Road, Small Heath earlier that month.

The incident on 6 September had seen a callous suspect trick a 91-year old man by telling him a cat was eating fish out of his pond. When the pensioner went to check on his beloved koi carp, the suspect ran inside and nicked his wallet. The pensioner was pushed to the floor when he tried to stop Pardoe fleeing with his cash.

Both victims gave a very similar description of the offender and he was even caught on CCTV running down Coventry Road. But when Pardoe was found sleeping in the pensioner’s house, it was the final piece of the puzzle enabling officers to tie him to all three offences.

In an ID parade, Pardoe was picked out from the line-up – giving officers enough evidence to charge him with a hat-trick of callous crimes.

Following a lengthy court process and two separate trials, Pardoe was finally convicted and sentenced for all three counts of burglary at Birmingham Crown Court on Monday (17 December). He was ordered to serve eight years and three months behind bars.