Action Counters Terrorism
Find some useful advice about what could potentially be terrorist related suspicious activity or behaviour:
- Meetings, training and planning can take place anywhere. Do you know someone who travels but is vague about where they’re going?
- Do you know someone with passports or other documents in different names, for no obvious reason?
- Do you know someone who looks at extremist material, including on the so-called Dark Web, or shares and creates content that promotes or glorifies terrorism?
- Have you noticed someone embracing or actively promoting hateful ideas or an extremist ideology?
- Suspicious materials can be ordered online as well as in store. Have you noticed someone receiving deliveries for unusual items bought online?
- If you work in commercial vehicle hire or sales, has a sale or rental seemed unusual?
- Have you noticed someone buying large or unusual quantities of chemicals, fertilisers or gas cylinders for no obvious reason?
- Have you noticed someone acquiring illegal firearms or other weapons or showing an interest in obtaining them?
- Terrorists need to store equipment while preparing for an attack. Have you noticed anyone storing large amounts of chemicals, fertilisers or gas cylinders?
- Have you noticed anyone storing illegal firearms or objects that could potentially be weapons?
- Observation and surveillance help terrorists plan attacks. Have you witnessed anyone taking pictures or notes of security arrangements or CCTV?
- Cheque and credit card fraud are ways of generating cash. Have you noticed any suspicious or unusual bank transactions?