Assistant Chief Constable (ACC) Danny Long was appointed in July 2020. He has a degree in Police Leadership and Management from Leicester University.
Danny has had a long and varied career with us. Some of his work includes:
- being head of neighbourhood policing across Birmingham and Coventry
- leading the public protection unit. This focuses on crimes such as serious sexual offences, child abuse and domestic abuse among others
- leading the local policing programme across the force
Danny has also sat on the boards for:
- Birmingham Business Improvement Districts
- Birmingham Community Safety Partnership
- Coventry Multiple Complex Needs. This involves bringing all relevant public and private sector agencies to help people in the city who need it most.
Away from policing, Danny is married and lives in Staffordshire with two boys, who he describes as “sports mad.”
He coaches a local children’s football team, and loves to watch rugby and play golf.